Saturday, September 17, 2011

Renewed vigor

For those of you who have supported this fledgling endeavor from the beginning, you will be quick to remember that the impetus behind it all was the misfortune of being handed an involuntary vacation from what was otherwise a very nice full time employment position.  As the quest for craft beer continued, the means to procuring some of the finest brews available for sale in Northwest Indiana diminished significantly.  No longer was Michelle willing to part with cash towards an unhealthy habit (in reality it was my fiscal responsibility getting in the way of my taste buds).  As summer progressed and activities continued, I found myself with more and more Miller Lites and less Left Hand Brewing Company Milk Stouts.

I have, I am happy to report, finagled my way into the position of someone contributing to society rather than solely depending on it.  As such, the funds necessary to pick up where I left off have materialized in the bank account.  So with that, Beer Me Wilk has come back with renewed vigor.

However, as proud as I am to report that the blog will return, it is not returning to its former glory.  I will only be providing weekly reviews of beer, relegating my exploration to Saturday and Sunday.  My commute is rather long and by the time I get home I would rather simply enjoy a cold one and not wrap my head around trying to categorize it in the relative spectrum of good or bad.  Saturday and Sunday afford me the opportunity to truly sit back, relax, and take in all a beer has to offer.  It doesn't hurt that football is back on TV.

So to those who have been reading from the beginning, thank you.  I write not only for my own amusement but for the smile I can put on your face.  For those stumbling upon this by mistake, I hope the writing has convinced you to stay.

No comments: